Fun fact: Apparently in British English, what I have always known as a ¨crosswalk¨ is called a ¨zebra crossing.¨
Other adjustments throughout the year have included:
- an eraser is ALWAYS called a ¨rubber.¨
- bathroom or restroom is simply ¨toilet¨
- ¨Do you have…?¨ became ¨Have you got…?¨
- A trusty backpack is either a ¨school bag¨ or even a ¨rucksack.¨
- Sweatshirts don´t exist. Instead, you wear either a ¨jersey¨ or a ¨jumper.¨
- Cookies are ¨biscuits¨ but that´s fine since chocolate chip cookies and other American classics are a complete foreign concept here.