hasta luego, madrid.

28 Jun

At 11:00 am local time, I will be leaving Madrid to begin the journey back to California. With a quick stop in DC, I’ll land at LAX a little bit before 7 pm, Pacific Time. While I’m sure the flight will be long, I’m looking forward to doing three things immediately when I get back: seeing my family and friends, getting my hands on my new iPhone, and eating my first meal back (which will be a Wood Ranch Tri Tip Salad, fyi).

I’ve had a great experience in Madrid: made new friends, picked up some solid Spanish slang, had a great time at my job, traveled to a ton of cool places, and learned a new city. While I’m undeniably sad to leave Spain, I’m looking forward to a southern California summer…and starting law school.

It’s been a fun 9 months, Madrid, echaré de menos!

things i'll miss: moncloa sunsets

7 Responses to “hasta luego, madrid.”

1. rickagarciaRick June 28, 2011 at 1:26 am #

does this mean no more blogging? :\

• gillian June 28, 2011 at 11:40 am #

Of course not! I will definitely be blogging – but with an LA/law school bent 🙂 Thanks for reading!

2. Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport June 28, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

Let me say welcome home! There is nothing like that first time off the plane! Drink all the iced coffee you want… and chat it up with every smiling stranger!

But Madrid will miss you!

• gillian June 28, 2011 at 9:57 pm #

Thanks! It is indeed nice to be home – but I will definitely miss Madrid as well 🙂

Sent from my iPhone

3. Kaley [Y Mucho Más] June 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Welcome back to the States. I am struggling to find relevant blog topics after being away for so long!

• gillian June 28, 2011 at 9:49 pm #

Thanks, Kaley! I know – I am gonna keep my blog going for sure but it will undoubtedly be different. What’s your next step job-wise?

Sent from my iPhone

1. two thousand eleven: the playlist. « That's G - December 31, 2011

[…] my aunt Melinda – and my aunt and I went to Barcelona and took the AVE! I also headed home to LA at the end of the month (but not before finishing my self-imposed 100 Montaditos challenge!) and I finally entered 2011 […]