breakfast of champions.

25 Aug

My latest breakfast obsession has been all over the blog world, but it’s new to me so I’m sharing it here! It looks scary but tastes amazing. This bad boy is called the Green Monster. Into the blender goes 1 cup milk (or Almond Milk, but I’m not quite THAT vegan), 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter, 2 tablespoons protein powder (I use a vanilla flavored one), 1 cup packed spinach, 1 frozen banana, and a couple of ice cubes.

It’s refreshing and good for you – and while the spinach gives this drink its color, you can’t taste it at all. I promise – not even a little bit. It’s become my go-to post-workout, pre-class drink, and it gets in a fruit, a vegetable, and a good amount of protein!

Try it and let me know what you think! Or, if you have a favorite smoothie, let me know what it is in the comments section!

7 Responses to “breakfast of champions.”

1. Caroline August 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

I’m pretty sure this is the same shake Whitney made this morning?? Surprisingly really tasty! I thought I could taste the spinach a bit, but it was probably all in my head since the drink is green, haha. I need to jump on the band wagon and start making these. 🙂

• gillian August 25, 2011 at 6:14 pm #

Yes! I got Whitney on this bandwagon because I was raving about how obsessed I was and I was happy to hear she liked it. I can’t taste the spinach at all, but maybe my taste buds are less sensitive? Let me know if we convert u too!

• Caroline August 26, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

I think it’ll be pretty easy to convert me. 🙂

2. Kaley [Y Mucho Más] August 25, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

I’ve had them; they’re okay, but I prefer chewing! Hahaha.

• gillian August 25, 2011 at 6:12 pm #

Haha I am with you on that for the most part!

3. Casey August 25, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

But, gosh, I actually like the taste of spinach. I guess I could add more….

1. finding the rhythm. « That's G - September 9, 2011

[…] Morning run-elliptical and weights at the gym – run again, followed by a green monster courtesy of my blender. More library-lunch meeting-class routine (see that rhythm I’m talking about?) After school, […]