think different.

5 Oct

I was so sad to hear about Steve Jobs’ death today – the news broke while I was in my Crim Law class, and my friend Amber showed it to me via Twitter. More than just being a huge Apple nerd, I really feel like Steve Jobs revolutionized our culture and society in so many ways – and his death, to me, signifies an important point for us. What will happen next technologically, now that the God of all things innovative is gone?

So, while it might be a big commitment to “think different” – I am going to try and make an attempt to think about how my use of Apple products has impacted me – both the good and the bad – these next few days.

Anyone have any thoughts on Apple, Jobs’ death, or how Apple products have changed them?

7 Responses to “think different.”

1. A.K. October 5, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

I found out listening to ESPN Radio on my Droid (yes, I’m ashamed). And then my confirmation came when I heard it on someone else’s radio. They were listening to Power106.

I’m not sure we will ever see an innovator that combines the vision AND showmanship that Jobs possessed. I hope we do.

One thing is for certain though.

Steve Jobs was cultured.

• gillian October 5, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

Hahaha love this comment – thoughtful and funny at the end 🙂

2. Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport October 6, 2011 at 7:38 am #

I woke up over here in Madrid to the news. The thing that impacts me the most about Steve (Mr. Jobs) was the he never saw any limits to what he could do or what he could create. He didn’t let getting fired from Apple stop is vision stop him from following his passions. We could all be so determines. I’m with you – I am going to try to “think different” – which we both know I am already a glaring difference in Spain… but maybe BIGGER! 🙂

• gillian October 6, 2011 at 8:19 am #

Absolutely – his creativity was limitless! And thinking “different” in Spain very well may just be thinking normally to us!

3. Steve October 6, 2011 at 10:27 am #

The response is extraordinary and completely appropriate. It reminds me of how people reacted to Princess Di and John Lennon. It must be a very sad day over at Chiat.

4. Caroline October 6, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

Such a tragedy. I seriously can’t remember a time when I wasn’t using an Apple product. Sometimes I realize I’m sitting on my couch with my macbook, iPad, iPod etc. (ridiculous, I know). That man was a genius.

• gillian October 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm #

I know – I am a full-fledged Apple addict. It’s so sad he died so young.