el coyote.

21 Nov

I had planned on spending Saturday night icing and laying low after my longest run to date and a solid study sesh. I even made my new favorite sandwich and was about to cuddle up on the couch and a Hoarders marathon when my friend Bryan texted me to invite me to El Coyote with a plea to come since I “hadn’t blogged about it yet!”

serving LA since 1931!

(source)

How could I say no? ESPECIALLY not since it was featured on The Hills and I am, indeed, trying to make my way through this list.

I didn’t get an entree since I’d already eaten, but I had room for a ton of chips and mediocre salsa!

my buddies.

trying to get AK to take a picture with me...

there we go.

I got the house margarita. It wasn’t my favorite, but I’d come back for the authentic decor and historical restaurant. My friends devoured their burritos and I didn’t hear any criticism from them. Hah.

I’m always on the look-out for new LA restaurants to try. LA foodies – what should I add to the list?

6 Responses to “el coyote.”

1. leftcoastcontessa November 21, 2011 at 10:26 am #

I am bookmarking that list as we speak.

• gillian November 21, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

Haha, right? I was obsessed with The Hills the first couple of seasons and now that obsession is basically living on. Yessss.

2. Beth November 21, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

Looks like a fun night! Friends, margaritas and endless chips and salsa pretty much guarantee a good time. Thanks for the link! 🙂

• gillian November 21, 2011 at 7:41 pm #

You’re welcome! Thanks for sharing the best sandwich ever!

3. Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport November 22, 2011 at 12:31 am #

You already know my top LA rec. But I am adding this to MY list 🙂 Mmmm… mexican. Counting down to U.S. time 🙂

4. Caroline November 22, 2011 at 11:14 am #

I’m not a huge fan of the food/drinks at El Coyote, but you’re right, the authentic decor is worth it…especially the servers’ Mexican dresses, haha. I usually go to El Carmen, Spanish Kitchen or just good ol’ Plancha for food. 🙂