pardon the interruption.

4 Dec

My apologies for my noticeable lack of an appearance post-Thanksgiving, but it’s finals time, my friends. I’l be back and blogging up a storm in about two weeks with lots to share (a fun new-t0-me brunch place, my new fav restaurant in Santa Monica, and probably some non-food related musings as well).

In the meantime, all you really need to know is I screwed up my knee yesterday while on my run with the LA Leggers. I was supposed to do an 18 miler but was forced to shut it down at 13.60 when my left knee decided to shoot with pain, and then up and down my IT band. Needless to say that was really frustrating – the first 13 miles of the run were great! So this post comes to you as I ice my knee before tackling one last crim law practice test. Woo-hoo!

Here are some of my favorite links from around the web to tide you over til That’s G comes out of study hibernation:

• This Movie (plus a dose of peanut butter m&ms, Whitney, and Caroline was the perfect antidote to my knee pain and half-hearted studying on Saturday).

I miss the blogosphere! Hope everyone had a good weekend! (I have no idea what day it is – so hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!)

6 Responses to “pardon the interruption.”

1. Casey December 4, 2011 at 9:15 am #

Sorry to hear about your knee, Gillian. I trust you will shut down running for awhile? Good luck on your finals. As I recall, it is a huge relief when they are over; a bigger relief than I recall from any college finals period. Going to see “The Artist” today.

• gillian December 4, 2011 at 9:17 am #

I am going to take a few days off – I’ll see how I am feeling. I need to join a gym ASAP and cross-train and maybe see a PT. My dad keeps toting “The Artist” as the film of the year! Hope you like it!

And thanks for the well-wishes for finals and my knee!

2. Caroline December 5, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

Good luck today!!! Had so much fun this weekend…I think I’m still full from last night, haha.

• gillian December 5, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

Thanks Caroline!! I had so much last night – and during the whole weekend! Thanks so much again for dinner 🙂

3. Lorraine December 6, 2011 at 10:02 am #

Best of luck on your finals! 18 miles? My body hurts just thinking about it. Hope the knee gets better too.

Lor