Last time I plopped by I was recapping my epic Friday. The rest of my weekend was much more mellow and it even included some “spring” cleaning on Saturday.
I started this morning with a 6-mile run. Before that, though, I knew I’d need to eat a little something. I was fresh outta bananas so I decided to try the Quaker Banana Nut Bar I was sent in my VoxBox through Influenster.* I took the package’s suggestion and warmed it up for 10 seconds. It was good! Light enough to be eaten just before heading out the door for a run, but not so heavy that I felt it. The flavors were rich – it actually tasted pretty close to real banana bread, or at least wayyyy closer than a Clif Bar or something would (and Clif Bars are my bar of choice. Hah.) I liked that I could see the nut pieces on top as well.
After my run, I was off to spend the day at the Concerts in the Park in Manhattan Beach for a little Sunday Funday with Aviva, Armita, and our friends Blake and Heather who live over there. We got there early (around 1) and staked out a spot and hung around eating and drinking the day away (mimosas, gotta #stayclassy). The music, atmosphere, and people were all awesome.
The motown music was awesome – we all literally danced to “Proud Mary.” The woman singing Etta James’ classic “At Last” was incredible, too. Yay for the Tom Nolan Band!
Loved today – I need to spend more time in the beach cities!
When I got home, Jenn and I grabbed dinner at local favorite, Mendocino Farms.
I went with the summer cubano [Slow braised carnitas, prime honey ham, Mendocino Mustard, housemade pickles, Cuban mojo sauce, crispy plantains on Dolce Forno’s soft roll]. It had me at the words “carnitas” and “crispy plantains.” I also stole a bite or two of Jenn’s orzo side salad – the curry flavors were incredible. I am definitely starting to get on board the Mendocino craze!
Before I round out the weekend with my workouts, I wanted to share some links I’ve been enjoying from around the web:
- Cookie Monster just wants you to Share it, Maybe?
- A nice reminder for the next time I utter the words “i’m so full, i’m never eating again!“
- electronic music from sayh uhns.
- 10 Women Who Will Teach You to Kick Ass at Travel and At Life
- The Cupcakes & Cashmere book
- this deadmau5 song
- A new-to-me Sports and Entertainment law blog.
- This AMAZING law review article explaining the ins-and-outs of the 4th amendment [search and seizure] using the Jay-Z classic, “99 Problems.”
- Chasing the Sun – The Wanted is my latest guilty pleasure.
- Monday: Cardio Barre
- Tuesday: 3 mile run (easy)
- Wednesday: 3 mile run
- Thursday: OFF
- Friday: 3 mile run (treadmill) + 800 meter swim
- Saturday: OFF
- Sunday: 6 mile run
Does your city offer free concerts in the park?
* [Disclaimer]: While Influenster and Quaker sent me this product to review, all opinions and thoughts expressed are 100% my own.