My roommate may have created a monster. Jenn gets the Pop Sugar monthly subscription box delivered, and every month she describes how it is like a “surprise present that comes in the mail!” She also exposed me to a blogger who gets dozens of subscription boxes mailed to her every month. I spent some time on her site and realized I needed to see what all of the fuss was about.
I decided to try Runner Box. For $10 a month, I get a mini shoe box delivered with some running gear and nutritional items. I was impressed with my first shipment!
The inside had a cute T.S. Elliot quote taped inside: “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” Loved it.
Everything was wrapped in green tissue paper, and there was a lime green product information card.
Here’s what was inside:
– One pair of injinji socks in kelly green. These are toesocks designed for runners. I can’t get behind the whole vibram craze, but I liked the idea of toe socks helping for blister prevention. I wore them on my run last Saturday and was pleasantly surprised. Suuuuper comfy. These retail for $10.
– A green SiMbi hair-bracelet. This a hair tie that can double as a bracelet. For each one sold, Simbi purifies a gallon of water a day and creates jobs for the people of Haiti. I like the green theme they went with for the box, and the hair-bracelet is cute. It’s not strong enough to tie my thick hair back without another hair tie, but I will use it for sure. Retail: $4.
– A sample of Win detergent, designed for tech fabrics. Haven’t used this yet, but it looks cool.
– Clif Shotblocks Energy Chews in margarita. I LOVE shotblocks and have wanted to try this flavor since I learned it was Monica‘s favorite. It’s like RunnerBox KNEW I have a Cinco
day Drinko de Mayo 13.1 coming up…Retail: $2.
– A sample of Energybits. Energybits are “100% natural organic spirulina tablets.” Kinda scary sounding, but I’m interested to try them!
– Honeystinger Waffle. This is billed as an energy source – and former endurance athlete inspiration Lance Armstrong’s favorite thing to eat on the bike in Europe. Now, this seems like a bit of an ironic choice, but I am sure it is delicious. Retail: $1.50
The box also included discounts on Skora shoes, Zensah compression, Win Detergent, and Energybits. I’m not sure I’ll use any of the discounts, but overall the box was over am $18 value for $10. I liked the assortment of items and am excited to see what comes my way next month.
Do any of you have a box subscription? Which one??