Last week, my friends Heather and Kristina told me that they were both going to do the Tone It Up BIKINI SERIES. Tone it Up is a set of free workouts and nutrition plans available online — created by two women in the South Bay who are best friends. I signed up for a few reasons — I loved watching Karena and Katrina on their Bravo show and wanted to see what TIU was all about, and I may or may not be fitness obsessed and wanted to jump on the band wagon. The challenge started today (you can still sign up!).
I am liking the Tone it Up program’s community aspect — it is awesome to see people striving for different fitness goals, posting recipes, encouraging each other, etc. I am not going to overhaul my whole workout regimen, but I have enjoyed taking part in some goal setting and recipe brain storming. For the next 6 weeks, my goals for the series are:
- Focus on eating super clean. This should not be hard — I am eating paleo right now with some of my friends from the gym. Two weeks in and going strong! I’m not craving bread at all – but the hardest thing is what to eat before a cardio workout.
- Run 100 Miles by the start of summer. TIU lets you count any cardio toward the 100, but I want to do 100 miles of pure running.
- Support and motivate others. I convinced former-roomie Jenn to sign up — as well as my BFF Whitney and her roommate. I’d love to check in with them !
The challenge also had us create a vision board with a list of what we want to accomplish this summer, as long as some inspiration. I tried not to get TOO aggressive (because, bar exam).
This morning started with a 5:30 am “Booty Call” with Back on My Feet — we ran a little over 2 miles through Chinatown.
I did some grocery shopping to get on track. Yesterday my gym buddies and I all had brunch together (our friend Eric is an incredible chef) and I felt somewhat inspired — so I whipped up some turkey lettuce wraps. So good and ridiculously easy. I am totally nailing this “adult” thing.
I wrapped up the night with the first little TIU workout — it didn’t take very long at all but I felt it!
Yes, I bought 5 lb weights today at Target. I’m excited to see how this goes!! And the best part was Jenn texting me a photo of her running shoes on outside 🙂
- Are you doing the Tone it Up challenge?
- Fav at-home workout?
Of Possible Interest:
- The Bikini Series “Motivation Mix.” I’m loving listening to this as I teach myself Remedies and Business Associations.
- Tone It Up Bikini Series sign-up