I know, I haven’t blogged “in a minute” (that’s something people say to mean literally any unit of time, but whatever).
I used to have a tradition where I’d recap my year with the songs that summarized each month…and although I failed at getting that posted anywhere near the end of 2015, I am not one to break with tradition. So, I thought I’d pop back up really quickly to summarize the gist of 2015 and then hit you with some 2k16 goals. (Tangent: what’s with the hashtags of #squad #squadgoals this past year? I’m guilty of using them, but not 100% sure what either of them mean. #squadgoals?)
ANYWAY. Here are the songs that summarized my twenty fifteen. I’m skipping the recaps this year (my life is boring and and I am not sure anyone cares, but here’s some addictive songs and some rad photos from the last year).
- March – Outside – Ellie Goulding
- April – Trap Queen – Fetty Wap (I’M LIKE, HEY, WHAT’S UP, HELLO)
- July – All Day – Kanye West
- August – I See You – Luke Bryan
- November – Sorry – Justin Bieber
- December: Clean – Taylor Swift
And while I’m here, might as well hit with you some 2016 goals – not making “resolutions” per se, but here’s what I want to tackle in 2016:
- PR in the marathon. Not putting obscene pressure on myself to BQ, but trying to run smarter (and slower in the beginning) to finish with a faster time. I would love to see 3:39:xx this year, but I’ve also been pretty lazy with my training. I’ll be happy with any finish (or that’s what I tell myself).
- Complete a triathlon. I’ve signed up for one. #gulp
- Read more. (for pleasure, duh)
- Tackle some unspecified professional and personal goals (gotta keep some things a little cryptic…)