Disclosure: Pro Compression sent me a pair of their calf sleeves to review through my relationship with Fit Approach/Sweat Pink. Of course all thoughts and opinions are my own.
So if you follow this blog or any of my (highly ridiculous) social media channels, you have probably figured out that I sorta like to run. I am by no means an expert on gear or injury prevention or any of that stuff, but one thing that has worked for me over the years has been wearing compression sleeves or socks post-race to help aid my recovery. Sometimes I’ll even wear them as I run when I’m feeling particularly gunnerish.
This past Saturday, I pulled a gunner move and ran 13.1 in the morning (well, technically 12.85 but that’s a story for a different day) and then high-tailed it over to Vayyyyygusss for a “girl’s weekend.” (In quotes because who am I?).
Anyway, I wore compression sleeves under my skinny jeans the whole first part of the trip. OH WHAT.
As a compression sleeve fan, I was pumped to have the opportunity to take a pair of Pro Compression‘s sleeves for a spin this morning. I have a couple other pairs of compression sleeves that I like (from Zensah and Thirty48), and some compression socks from Pro Compression, but had never tried their sleeves.
My legs are still coming down from half-mary number 16 (see, gunner), so I wore them on a short 2.5-er this morning. What’d I think? Well, it seems only fitting that I break this down into a pro and con list. #punny.
- The fabric felt a little bit itchy at first, but I adjusted after a few minutes.
- The sleeves feel slightly less breathable than the ProCompression socks.
- These babies were TIGHT. My calves felt compressed.
- I like the black – inoffensive and boss-like (although there are tons of different colors).
- ProCompression has TONS of styles/colors — they have a style of the month and tons of different themed options. (I have a holiday pair and a patriotic pair which have come in handy. I need to secure a Turkey-themed one for my annual Turkey Trot, though, to keep the running dorkdom meter off the charts).
Interested in checking out ProCompression? Use code PINK2 for 40% off here: http://procompression.com/